> Biscuit & Slice recipes
> Super Crunchy Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
Super Crunchy Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
(based on 1 votes)
These biscuits are very crunchy, like a chocolate version of an anzac biscuit only much lighter and free of oats.
- ½ Cup castor sugar
- 50 grams butter, softened
- ½ Cup baking mix flour (I used Bakels)
- 3 T cocoa
- ½ Cup dessicated coconut
- ½ Cup chocolate chips
- 2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 160° C.
- Lightly grease a biscuit tray, preferably non-stick
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add coconut and sift baking mix and cocoa on top.
- Mix until a well combined. Note it will appear quite dry.
- Stir in chocolate chips then add approximately 2 T of milk and mix well.
- The mixture should be a dry crumble that is just moist enough to hold together when compressed.
- Squash small handfuls of mixture hard into balls a little smaller than squash balls. (Pun not intended).
- Place well separated on baking tray and bake for approximately 15-20mins, checking regularly to achieve a fully cooked but not burned biscuit.
- Carefully lift biscuits onto a cooling rack as they will be very delicate until they cool.
Makes approx 12 biscuits.
User Reviews (1):
Write your own review
Great hit with coffee group kids, I put icing and sprinkles on top, so they were the first to go! Very little flour in the recipe too, so thats a plus. I doubled the recipe as they went so quick.
Write your review for Super Crunchy Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
Click to select your rating: