> Biscuit & Slice recipes
> Quick Coconut Biscuits
Quick Coconut Biscuits
My friend Claire made these for me and they were totally delicious so I asked her for the recipe, which it turns out is really quick and easy.
- 50g butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp almond essence (alternatively vanilla)
- 1 egg
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 15 glace cherries or 30 almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a baking tray (spray is fine).
- Melt butter and place in a food processor with sugar, essence, egg and coconut.
- Mix well.
- Spoon onto baking tray and push an almond or half a cherry onto each. No need to make perfect balls, but the blobs will more or less retain their shape and won't increase much.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottom edges are golden brown and rough pieces on top are colouring slightly. Be careful, they burn easily!
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight jar.
Makes 30 biscuits.
Write your review for Quick Coconut Biscuits
Click to select your rating: