> Biscuit & Slice recipes
> Low carb Rusks
Low carb Rusks
(based on 1 votes)
This gluten free rusk recipe was designed for the banting diet (low carb) and really delicious.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup mixed seeds (eg flax, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower)
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 20ml baking powder
- 300g soft butter
- ½ cup xylitol (or caster sugar)
- 4 eggs
- 500ml buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 165°C.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and xylitol.
- Add eggs and buttermilk, then mix into dry ingredients.
- Pour into a greased oven dish and bake at 165°C for 50mins.
- Dry overnight in fan-forced oven at 60°C.
User Reviews (1):
Write your own review
These are delicious! Slightly crumbly though.
I love the coconut flavour.
Write your review for Low carb Rusks
Click to select your rating: