> Biscuit & Slice recipes
> Gingerbread Men
- 1⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Gluten Free baking mix (or 2⁄3 cup each of rice, potato and tapioca flours and 1⁄2 tsp of xanthan gum)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
- few Teaspoons of water to get it to the right consistancy
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Melt golden syrup and butter in large bowl.
- Allow to cool and add sugar, baking soda, spices, egg and all the flours.
- Beat with wooden spoon until forms ball - should still be a little sticker than standard flour would be
- Transfer dough onto very lightly floured board. Roll out until around 1⁄2 cm thick.
- Cut out men.
- Place on non stick tray 3 cm apart.
- bake for 12 mins, until firm but not rock hard as they harden as they cool.
Mix butter with 1⁄2 cup of icing sugar until white. Slowly add rest of icing sugar and water until firm consistancy is reached.
Write your review for Gingerbread Men
Click to select your rating: