> Cake recipes
> Pear and Pecan Cake
Pear and Pecan Cake
(based on 1 votes)
- ¾ Cup rice flour
- 1 Cup corn flour
- 1 Cup caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) ground ginger
- 1 Cup pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- ¾ Cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 (or 2 large) firm pears, cored and diced to 1cm cubes
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Grease a 23cm ring cake tin with butter and line base with baking paper.
- Place dry ingredients including nuts into a large bowl and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla. Add pears and mix well.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin and bake for 45 - 50 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Serve with lite plain greek yoghurt.
User Reviews (1):
Write your own review
A friend made this cake for me and it was absolutely divine. Really moist and full of sweet spices.
Write your review for Pear and Pecan Cake
Click to select your rating: