> Cake recipes
> Coconut and Raspberry Cake
Coconut and Raspberry Cake
Ingredients - Cake
- 170g ground almonds
- 220g caster sugar
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g margarine or butter, melted and cooled
- 60g fresh or frozen raspberries (or other berries)
Ingredients - Ganache
- 220g Dark chocolate
- 80g butter
- 100ml cream
Ingredients - To serve (optional)
- Fresh raspberries
- 1½ Tbspn cocoa nibs
- 2 handfuls shaved coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 24cm springform or loose bottomed cake tin and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground almonds, sugar and coconut together.
- In a medium bowlm whisk the eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the melted margarine or butter.
- Add the egg mixture to the almond mixture, sturring until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, then dot the top with the raspberries.
- Bake for 45-50 mins or until cake is golden and the top springs back when lightly touched.
- ALLOW TO COOL COMPLETELY IN TIN before icing.
Method - Ganache
- For the ganache, blitz ingredients in a blender, food processor or with a stick blender until smooth and glossy.
- Smother cooled cake with ganache, and optionally top with toasted cocoa nibs and/or coconut shavings.
Write your review for Coconut and Raspberry Cake
Click to select your rating: