> Cake recipes
> Orange and Almond Chocolate Cake
Orange and Almond Chocolate Cake
- 1½ oranges
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons dutch cocoa
- 1 tsp dutch cocoa mixed with
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar to serve
- Place oranges in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for an hour.
- Cool in poaching liquid.
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line the base and sides of a 18cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- When the orange has cooled, chop it into large wedges and puree it in a food processor (seeds, skin & all).
- Add almonds, sugar, eggs and cocoa to puree and process until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 60-65mins or until the middle is set and cooked through.
- Cool in tin, then carefully remove.
Serve lightly dusted with cocoa and icing sugar and whipped cream or yoghurt.
Write your review for Orange and Almond Chocolate Cake
Click to select your rating: