> Cake recipes
> Easy Banana and coconut loaf
Easy Banana and coconut loaf
(based on 1 votes)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large or 5 small, ripe, mashed bananas
- 2 cups dessicated coconut
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 free range eggs
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Pour into loaf tin and cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 15min or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Turn out to cooling rack and allow to cool.
Easy Chocolate Ganache
- 250g Whittackers 50% dark chocolate
- 125g cream
- Break up chocolate and place in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour cream over chocolate.
- Microwave for 45s, then stir. Chocolate should be starting to melt.
- Keep microwaving for 15-20s at a time, stirring well each time, until chocolate has melted. All up, I neede a total of about 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is totally combined.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Taste and ensure that the mixture is not grainy. If grainy, heat another 10-15s and whisk until smooth.
- Place cling film over mixture and press it down to just touch the surface of the ganache.
- Allow to cool at room temp overnight, or in the fridge for an hour.
- Spread over cake.
User Reviews (1):
Write your own review
This is a great cake, with coconut and nutty flavours. The ganache really completes it.
Write your review for Easy Banana and coconut loaf
Click to select your rating: